Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday, 2010

What a blessed day.  The day my Savior arose from the grave defeating death.  It is raining today.  We need the rain.  We also need a Savior.  A ministry group I sing with presented  the Easter service at a local nursing home  today.  We give a church service there once a month.  The other three Sundays of the month, three other churches are there to minister to the residents.   We were honored to have been asked to give the Easter service this year.

The residents are always so grateful that we visit and play music and read scripture.  It seems like sometimes they don't know we are there, and I don't think they are receiving anything from us.  But they do hear and they love the hugs after the service.  Our group enjoys the hugs also.One Sunday one of the residents told me we looked like a family.  That is the nicest compliment we have ever received.  We are a family.  This Sunday, my youngest son joined us to play the tambourine.

I am most grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Today and Good Friday are important days in a Christian's life.  The death, burial and resurrection of Christ is told in the Word, the Holy Bible.  It is incredible to me that there were eye witnesses to this event and is still recorded accurately today.

I'm grateful for my children and my parents and my family.  I pray that they all know the Lord as their Savior.  It's funny how family seems to listen to others more than they do you.  But that is okay, as long as they get the message.

I had to spend time alone with the Lord this morning before I started my day.  I need to do that every day and most of the time I do.  But I have been lax lately, worrying about other things in my life.  Remember the story I told you about the vision I had of Jesus flying above me.  I have to remember that often.  The busier I am the more I need Him and to keep my eyes only on Him.  Vision of Christ

2 comments:

  1. Katie,

    What beautiful thoughts you have put down in your journal. Thank you for sharing. And, yes, our children and other family members do seem to listen to others rather than us. I pray often for others to greet my children in the Word. God is good and I have faith he is working out His plan for a world revival. Blessed be the name of Jesus.

    Many blessings from above to all our friends and family members.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie....and I gotta say I agree with Carol. Beautiful message, inspiration to all who want to lead a God loving, Holy Spirit filled life. Thanks for brightening MY day, and I look forward to more from you my friend and sister in Christ! joy

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget